The Board and Staff of the Resource Opportunities Centre thank you for your kind donation. As a non-profit community development organization we are working hard to make Prospect Communities.com a vibrant sustainable online community while providing the type of services that are usefull and valued in the community.Once Again – Thank You! We hope that you continue to enjoy your Prospect Communities.com experience. Should you have any questions or require a receipt for your donation please feel free to contact us using the information below:
LAST CHANCE FOR The ALPHA COURSE
The last opportunity to sign-up for the fabulous Alpha Course is Wed., September 19th.
St. Timothy's Church, Hatchet Lake, is offering one of the best Christian programs in the world - The Alpha Course, Wednesdays at 6:30 p.m. at St. Timothy's Church
The Alpha Course is an opportunity for anyone to explore the meaning of life in a relaxed, non-threatening manner in 10 thought-provoking sessions. It's low key, friendly and fun!
You're not on your own either. More than 8 million people worldwide have already completed the Alpha course. It runs in 155 different countries and 45 languages!
Alpha courses are run in, homes, workplaces, churches, pubs, prisons, military bases, high schools and university campuses! So join us on a journey of discovery! Make friends.
RUNS: Wednesdays at 6:30 p.m. (Last chance to register Sept. 19)
- Exposure: Prospect Communities.com is growing fast and our membership is about to hit 400+. *
- Community: Support non-profit, community based projects like Prospect Communities.com *
- Bulls Eye: Target ad’s at people who actually live in your community.
- Deep content: Unlike commercials or print ads, a Web ad banner is only the beginning of the process. Users can always click on it to go directly to your Web site. Once there, they can access as much material about your company and products as you care to present. And if you don’t have a website – we can link your banner to your entry in our FREE community directory. directory.prospectcommunities.com
- One Foot In the Door: If you haven’t been taking advantage of the many benefits of promoting yourself or your organization online than this is a great opportunity to get started. It’s not only easy, but it’s affordable. And you don’t even need a website.
- Politicians welcome
- $50 per month for business clients.
- $25 per month for non-profit groups
Signup for a 6 month plan and Save!
- $210 for business clients. YOU SAVE $90
- $90 for non-profit groups. YOU SAVE $60
Banner Design and Requirements:
- Size of banner ad must 390 pixels X 60 pixels.
- Format for ad must be in psd, eps, jpg, swf, or png (we can help.)
- Initial design fee will be waived (limited time only)
- Additional design or formatting by The Resource Opportunities Centre at a flat fee of $50
* All Banner ad's will receive equal exposure in an automated rotating process. Actual exposure depends on web traffic. We limit the number of advertising clients to 15 per month. We track both the number of times your ad is displayed and the number of times it's clicked. * All proceeds support the Resource Opportunities Centre and Prospect Communities.com For more information about the ROC please visit www.roc.prospectcommunities.com or phone 902-852-2622
What is ProspectCommunities.com?
Prospect Communities.com is a community web-portal designed to connect community members. The site brings together local information and offers services (such as discussion boards and news articles) to extend community activity and interaction.
Residents (yes you!) create and submit content, so the central focus is on local needs and interests. Anyone can view information on the site but you must become a member of the site in order to have the ability to post information (don’t worry membership is absolutely and completely free). What are you waiting for…become a member now!
Once you are registered you can submit news and events, take part in community discussions, share photos, post and search for local jobs, advertise your business or organization, and post classifieds… all for free!
It can seem a little scary at first, but the site is actually very easy to use and is very similar to a Word Processor (i.e. Microsoft Word, Corel Word Perfect). You can edit content after you have submitted it, and you can even add pictures if you want!
The Resource Opportunities Centre in Terence Bay manages the site, and funding is provided by the Office of Learning Technologies. ProspectCommunities.com has been in development for about 3 years now, and by the end of the project (August 2008) we hope that residents will be able to sustain the site themselves.
ProspectCommunities.com was built using Open-Source Technology!
Open-source technology is software created by a whole community of developers that is freely available for anyone to use. You don’t need any special software to use the site, just a good Internet connection, an Email address, and a web browser (i.e. Internet Explorer, Safari, Netscape, we highly recommend FireFox… it’s free too – just click here to download).
Unlike the rigid licensing of commercial software, open-source technology allows flexibility in customizing projects to specific needs. The open-source community as a whole benefits, not just one single commercial entity.
You must have cookies enabled on your web browser to login (and not the double fudge kind). So what’s a cookie you ask? Cookies are small data files containing information about Internet browsing preferences that are stored on your computer’s hard drive. Don’t worry; you are not putting yourself at any risk by accepting cookies from prospectcommunities.com. For instructions to enable cookies, click here.
We are currently working on content for the following festivals and events:
Prospect Lobster Supper
Blessing of the Fleet
Canada Day Celebrations
Buy it online here:Give the gift of community!
Our 2007 Calendar showcases some of the best areas in our communities. It’s a great gift for family, friends, neighbours, or for anyone who lives, works or plays in the communities from Goodwood to West Dover in Western HRM. Enjoy picture perfect scenes of our beautiful communities everyday throughout 2007.
By purchasing a 2007 calendar you are helping to support the Resource Opportunites Centre, our community based nonprofit organization to achieve sustainability that allows us to continue our on-going work of building our community.
The Resource Opportunities Centre is committed to providing opportunities to residents of the Prospect Communities and to building relationships through information sharing, partnerships, and the development of strong networks.
Purchase your 2007 Calendar at: • Cramsie Cusine - Goodwood • Community Pharmacy - Hatchet Lake • Christopher Webb Art Gallery & Studio • Lamond World of Gifts 1199 Terence Bay Rd • At the ROC 1714 Lower Prospect Road, Terence Bay, N S • Or call: 902-852-2622 • Online through Secure Paypal
By buying this calendar you are helping a community based non-profi t organization to achieve sustainability that allows us to continue our on-going work of building our community.
Special thanks for producing the ROC 2007 calendar go to: The Office of Learning Technologies – Government of CanadaBuilding Bridges project to build a Community Learning Network using information technologies – prospectcommunities.com Rural Secretariat – Networking Initiative – Agriculture & Agri Food Canada Community Kitchen Conversation series – Look for dates for gatherings in your community – Come and have your voice heard, meet neighbours & imagine what our community could also be. Krylen Design (www.krylen.com) graphic design Robotnik.com – computer donation Panel of five volunteer judges Dawn Langille – ROC staff – contest coordinator Community contest participants