Under the direction of the Prospect Road Community Centre the Inclusion Support Staff will:
- Provide one-on-one support to high functioning persons with special needs allowing full participation in the PRCC After School Program.
- Support persons with high functioning special needs in PRCC After School Program through personal care, behaviour management, adapting activities, etc.
- Work collaboratively with Before & After School Supervisor and Program staff to design curriculum and facilitate programs
- Maintain and promote confidentiality as the norm
- Treat students in a respectful, responsible and fair manner with due consideration to the students’ physical, social and psychological development.
- Participate in training and planning sessions as required
- First Aid, CPR
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Applicants must be between 16-30
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada, must have resided in Nova Scotia at least six month prior to start of employment
- Note: proof of all of the above will be required.
- Successful screening through Child Abuse Registry and Police criminal Records Check
- Experience/training providing inclusive program offerings
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Highly motivated, personable & well organized
- Experience working with the public, especially children and youth
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and as a team member
15 hours a week (2:30pm-5:30pm) as well as occasional full day in-services
Start date: Immediately
End date: June 28th 2013
Drop off to: 2141 Prospect Road Hatchet Lake Nova Scotia, B3T-1S1 Application Deadline: September 17th 2012- 4pm. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Work Location: Prospect Road Community Centre, Hatchet Lake.Apply Online!